- What would be the most useful thing for me to know about you as a student?
- What do you wish was different about school?
- Describe a moment in school last year when you felt really engaged. Why do you think that moment was positive for you?
- What do you think teachers think about you, and what do you wish they'd think about you?
- Tell me about a teacher who you feel knew you really well. What kind of student were you in his or her class? What did he or she do to get to know you?
- If you could build a school, what would it look like?
- What do you wish I would ask you so that I can be a good teacher for you?
- What makes a weekend day great for you?
From Elena Aguilar "When We Listen to Students"